So my friend Christy (I owe you girl!!) introduced me to the Elf on a Shelf Christmas tradition and let me tell you....if you have kids and you haven't got this yet GO GET IT!!!! Works like a charm! It's this little Elf that you adopt and his purpose is to watch your kids all day long and he reports everything back to Santa every night so he knows if you been "naughty" or "nice". So, the Elf "flies" to the North Pole every night, reports all the good/bad things to Santa, then comes back to watch over them the next day. The best part about this is (and this is Gabby's FAVORITE part) the Elf shows up at a different spot in the house every morning so EVERY morning the FIRST thing Gabby wants to do is find her Elf!! It's PRICELESS!!! She named him "Frenchy" (Fancy Nancy's dogs name...of course) and she talks to him all the time!! It is sooooooooooo cute!! (VIDEO OF THIS WILL BE COMING....STAY TUNED!!) She insists that he moves too....his foot, his hand, his head. She is obsessed thinking about where he will be the next day and she asks a MILLION questions about him. So where is his mommy?? Can I touch him??? Does he have a puppy?? Is he going to the North Pole during my nap?? Hilarious!!! The whole story of how she found the Elf was hysterical too but that is something I'll have to tell everyone in person.
It seriously brings me to tears to see the JOY and EXCITEMENT Christmas time and Santa brings to Gabby now. Dante is a little too young to understand the concept yet but I'm having the time of my life filling Gabby's heart with hope, love, eagerness and imagination. Being a mom is the BEST thing in the world. I'm truly blessed.
Here are some pics of Frenchy. He was on the TV speaker today. Now I have to go figure out where to put him tomorrow...:)
Hugs and kisses to all!!


1 comment:
So, I will need to invest in an elf for David it sounds like. It also sounds like you're having a grand ole time preparing for X-mas for the kids. That's awesome. Enjoy!
We're headed to Texas for T-giving. Flying into Houston for the weekend to see our friends Jen and Bill (if you watch The Learning Channel, you might know them--they are The Little Couple), then driving to Austin (where I hope to meet up with Salima since she coaches there now) and staying with D's friends Dave and Nancy, THEN driving to Dallas. D's brother Darrell bought a house there. We stay with him Thurs-Saturday and my in-laws will be there as well. So, i'm looking forward to some time NOT spent at work. also, finishing up bathroom renovation, so that is big news. Have a happy Turkey Day Rose! are you making a turkey?
Post a Comment